Campground Insurance: What Coverages do You Need?

If you’re considering starting a campground business, now is a good time to do it. The industry is booming, as people are increasingly heading into the great outdoors to enjoy the wonders of nature. Within the past five years, 7.2 million households have started camping for the first time, bringing the total number of households participating in camping at least once per year to a record 78.8 million. With numerous visitors passing through a campground on any given day and varying facilities to operate, campground owners must protect their businesses with Dayville campground insurance tailored to meet their company’s needs.

Here is everything you need to know about campground insurance.

Procure General Liability Insurance

All businesses, regardless of type, benefit from general liability insurance. Campground general liability insurance isn’t legally required, but carrying it is a smart business decision. If your company gets sued over an accident occurring on the property, you are at risk of financial devastation when you don’t have sufficient CGL, which covers:

  • Property damage
  • Bodily injury and medical costs
  • Personal and advertising injury
  • Legal defense costs

Procure your policy from a company that understands the risks campground businesses face to ensure you have adequate coverage.

Other Dayville Campground Insurance Coverages

Beyond the comprehensive coverage you get from a CGL, there are other types of Dayville campground insuranceyou should consider. Not every campground business needs all of these coverages. Your agent can help you choose the ones relevant to the type of campground you operate and the services you provide.

Umbrella Liability Insurance

This type of coverage offers extended protection for other policies you carry. If a claim filed against your business results in damages and penalties that go above the limits of the relevant policy, your umbrella policy would kick in to cover the remaining damages.

Property Insurance

If you have any structures on your property, such as a shower house, office or recreation building, you need coverage to protect the structures and anything in them. You should have a policy that is sufficient to cover all of your buildings.

Workers’ Compensation Insurance

Connecticut law requires businesses with employees to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This policy pays for medical expenses and a percentage of income for workers injured in the course of performing their job duties.

Employment Practices Liability

If you have employees, you should also carry employment practices coverage. This insurance provides protection when a current or former employee files a lawsuit against the company for claims such as wrongful termination, discrimination, and harassment.

In addition to the above policies, some campgrounds may need to consider coverage for liquor liability, food spoilage, commercial auto and inland marine. If you offer or plan to offer any specialized services, discuss your options with an agent who can help you determine which policies best meet your needs.

About Byrnes Agency 

At Byrnes Agency, we offer insurance solutions that can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Whether you’re looking for personal policies or commercial coverage, we have the right coverage for you. To learn more about our products, contact us today at one of our two locations.

If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve read here and would like to know when we’ve published a new blog post, please “like” us on our Facebook page, and share this with your Connecticut neighbors. 

Dayville Office

Phone: (860) 774-8549 

394 Lake Rd

Dayville, CT 06241

United States

Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 9:00am-5:00pm

Norwich Office

Phone: (860) 886-5498 

6 Consumers Avenue

Norwich, CT 06360

United States

Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 9:00am-5:00pm