Connecticut Auto Insurance — A Smooth Ride With Byrnes

You just traded your car for a brand-new hybrid. Or maybe you finally put away enough to get that sports car you’ve been thinking about since you were a little girl. You’re ready to get behind the wheel. All you need is the right Auto insurance coverage. You’ve come to the right place at Byrnes.

Do you have a newly licensed 16-year-old under your roof, or have you just traded in your car for a brand-new hybrid? Or perhaps you’ve finally saved enough cash to buy that sports car you’ve been dreaming of since you were just a kid. No matter what your reason, you’re ready to get behind the wheel, and all you need is the best car insurance coverage from the most dependable car insurance company. You can find the best of both at Byrnes.

Drive With Peace of Mind — Auto Insurance CT From the Byrnes Agency in Dayville & Norwich

We spend so much time in our cars, driving to work, doing errands, taking the kids to school, and all their extracurricular activities. That’s why it’s so important to have proper personal auto insurance in place.

The Byrnes Agency provides drivers in Connecticut and the country with auto insurance plans to protect against unforeseen damages and injuries. With access to dozens of insurers, we can obtain the most affordable car insurance rates for the coverages you need.

Let Byrnes Find the Best Connecticut Car Insurance Policy for You

Whether you’re looking for minimum car insurance for a second vehicle or cheap car insurance quotes for your entire family, search no further than the Byrnes Agency. We can design an auto policy for you that includes all of the standard insurance requirements for Connecticut drivers and custom-built coverage options to give you protection where you need it the most. Not necessarily the cheapest car insurance, but the right one for all drivers in Connecticut.

Liability Coverage

All Connecticut drivers must have injury motorist bodily injury liability insurance. This covers property damage and injuries sustained by others if you are found responsible for causing a car accident. The state minimum coverage in Connecticut is $25,000 for each person and $50,000 per accident for injuries and $25,000 per accident for damage to vehicles or other property. These minimums, however, may fall significantly short of the actual cost of an accident, and you should seriously consider increasing your coverage to protect your personal assets in the event of a bodily injury or property damage liability lawsuit.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage provides reimbursement for injury expenses incurred by you, your family members, or passengers. This type of policy goes into effect if you are involved in a hit-and-run accident or if the at-fault driver either has no car insurance or less bodily injury liability coverage than your own. This insurance is also required by the state of Connecticut, and the required minimum coverage is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. A standard policy provides equal coverage to that of your injury liability limits, but you can purchase up to double that coverage.

Medical Payments Coverage

Also called basic reparations coverage, this optional insurance policy will reimburse you for the driver’s medical expenses, be it yourself or someone else with permission to use your car, and the other occupants in your vehicle. In some circumstances, a medical policy can also cover funeral costs and lost wages related to an injury or death in an accident.

No-Fault Coverage

No-fault insurance covers the costs of bodily injuries sustained by you and your passengers, regardless of who is found to be responsible for the accident. Also known as personal injury protection, this optional coverage pays for costs such as hospital and rehabilitation bills, lost wages when a covered individual can’t work, or funeral expenses. The primary benefit of this insurance is that it pays quickly, so you don’t have to wait for law enforcement to determine fault or the resolution of a liability lawsuit.

Collision Coverage

Collision coverage protects you from loss if another vehicle or object strikes your car in a road accident or if it suffers damage from a roll-over. This type of insurance typically pays up to the coverage limit after you have paid a deductible.

Comprehensive Coverage

While collision insurance covers damage to your car that results from an auto accident, comprehensive coverage protects you from virtually any other kind of damage to your vehicle, which can include:

  • Fire
  • Theft or vandalism
  • Broken windows
  • Impacts with birds or animals
  • Storm or flood damage
  • Falling objects

Comprehensive coverage also carries a deductible.

Gap Insurance

If your car is totaled, standard coverage will equal the actual cash value (ACV) at the time of loss. Depending on how long you’ve owned your car, this settlement could be significantly lower than its original cost and nowhere near enough to purchase an equivalent replacement. Plus, you may still have to make car loan payments on a vehicle that you no longer own. Gap coverage will reimburse you for the outstanding balance on your car loan less the ACV of your totaled car.

Other Coverages

Depending on your needs, we can also write policies for the following:

  • Full Glass Coverage: A full glass policy covers the replacement of the safety glass in your car after a breakage.
  • Towing Coverage: A tow policy reimburses you if you need to hire a tow truck to take your car to a mechanic or body shop.
  • Rental Reimbursement: Rental coverage provides you with the cost of a rental car while your vehicle is undergoing repairs or as you shop for a replacement for your totaled car.

Our staff will help you weigh your budget against potential risks when selecting your car insurance policies, limits, and deductibles. We’ll not only review your current needs but also contemplate any anticipated changes that can impact your coverage in the future. Plus, we’ll discuss any discounts, such as those for safe driving or a clean driving record, that may be available to you to help lower your car insurance rates.