Windham County ATV Insurance: Off-Roading Safety
Off-roading, or ATV riding, is becoming an increasingly popular hobby for people from all walks of life. Of course, an off-road vehicle is a big investment that you will want to protect. Purchasing Windham County, CT ATV insurance is the key way to ensure that you will be guarded financially against theft or damages to your vehicle.
Another thing to keep in mind is that your standard ATV will probably weigh around 700 pounds or more, and can reach speeds of more than 60 miles per hour. That being said, significant focus should be put on your personal safety as well as the safety of those around you. Here are some tips to follow to enjoy your ride while remaining cautious.
- Don’t allow children to drive or ride ATVs intended for adults.
- Supervise riders younger than 16.
- Don’t drive ATVs on paved roads.
- Don’t allow passengers on a single rider ATV.
- Don’t drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Always wear appropriate safety equipment, especially your helmet!
Various ATV manufacturers, as well as the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and the ATV Safety Institute, recommend that if you are new to off-roading or ATV riding, that you take a safety course before going out for the first time. Experience is essential when it comes to riding an ATV, and it’s important to remember that although ATV riding is extremely fun, the vehicles are not toys and should be treated responsibly.
The Byrnes Agency in offers ATV insurance in Windham County as well as throughout Connecticut, helping to protect your investment with important standard and optional off-road vehicle coverage so you can enjoy your adventures. Covered vehicles include:
- All-terrain vehicles
- Dirt bikes
- Side-by-side and full-size 4wd
Give us a call today
- Windham County / Dayville Insurance Office
- New London County / Norwich Insurance Office
- Windham County / Woodstock Insurance Office