It could be your first house purchase or the forever home you’ve been dreaming of and planning for years, but ultimately, it’s where your hard work has paid off. Your home is where your family flourishes and creates lasting memories, and you want to protect all that matters to you. We want to help you do so at Byrnes.
There’s No Place Like Here for Your Connecticut Homeowners Insurance
Throughout Connecticut and Southern New England, homeowners look to the Byrnes Agency to protect their homes in the event of damage, destruction, or liability. We take pride in the fact that so many residents trust us with one of their most valuable assets. Because of this, we take the necessary time and care to make sure our customers understand the various options available to them.
Standard Homeowners Coverage
Here are some of the issues we’ll speak to you about when reviewing your homeowners’ insurance policy needs:
- Personal Liability: We’ll help you determine the preferred amount of personal liability coverage to include in your policy. This amount may vary according to the value of any assets you may own.
- Replacement Value: We can add extended replacement cost coverage to your policy to ensure that contractors rebuild your home to the same standards used in the original construction. The quality of materials will be the same, and your house will look as close as possible to what it was before the loss.
- Personal Property: We offer replacement value coverage that ensures the full replacement of your belongings with no deduction for any depreciation that may have occurred. We recommend that your personal property coverage includes all-risk coverage. We also suggest that you insure expensive possessions such as jewelry, collectibles, or art separately.
- Special Coverages: Many homeowners have high-risk assets such as fences, pools, and sheds that are covered only minimally by a standard homeowners policy. We’ll help you make sure the policy covers you adequately.
If your residence falls outside of the cookie-cutter two-bedroom country home with a white picket fence, we have special policies to protect you, too.
Manufactured Home Insurance
Coverage for manufactured homes is similar to a standard homeowners policy, but it includes select coverage options that can insure your home during transit to a new location or cover damage from a drain blockage, sewer backup, or sump pump failure.
Mobile Home Insurance
Mobile home insurance coverage also follows the general structure of standard policies and includes coverage for the property type’s unique characteristics. This includes anchoring and tie-down infrastructure, severe weather (windstorms, lightning, etc.), and pipe bursts.
High-Value Homeowners Insurance
If your home has an appraisal value upwards of $750,000, you may need a more thorough and specialized level of protection. High-net worth homeowners insurance has higher built-in coverage limits and a broader umbrella that can help you guard against the loss of top-line building materials, artistic craftsmanship, and high-value personal possessions.
We work with some of the most respected carriers in the country and can provide you with comprehensive homeowners insurance rates at competitive pricing.
What To Know About Home Insurance in CT
We will guide and educate you through the entire process of insuring your home, starting with the answers to the most frequently asked questions of homeowners insurance companies in Connecticut.
Do I need homeowners insurance in Connecticut?
The state of Connecticut does not mandate homeowners insurance, but most mortgages have a provision for it to protect the lending institution’s assets. You will need to provide a Homeowners Declaration Sheet or binder amended to name your lender as an interested party on your property.
However, no matter what financial method you use to purchase your house, it is not a small investment. It only makes sense to protect it against losses with home insurance.
How much is home insurance?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average monthly Connecticut homeowners insurance premium in 2017 was $1,479. Of course, your average cost estimate will depend on the type of policy, plus a number of other factors, which include:
- Cost to replace your home
- Claims history
- Insurance deductible
- The construction and age of your home
- Proximity to a body of water
- Inclusion of a home-based business
Your Byrnes agent will help you go through all of the elements that might affect your individual premium and come up with the best insurance rate for your needs and budget.
What does home insurance cover?
A standard Connecticut homeowners policy covers six basic areas:
- Dwelling — covers damage to or loss of your house
- Other structures — includes fences and unattached buildings such as garages and sheds
- Personal belongings — covers theft, damage, or destruction of items like clothing and furniture
- Medical payments — reimburses hospital and doctor’s bills for anyone injured on your land
- Personal liability — protects you against losses and expenses due to a premises liability lawsuit
- Loss of use — covers temporary residence expenses if you have to leave your home due to damage or loss
You can purchase coverage for incidents that include break-ins, fire, earthquakes, hurricanes, and hailstorms. However, it’s important to note that not every policy covers every situation, and certain natural disasters like flooding require separate insurance policies.
How do I get a quote for homeowners insurance?
Every individual’s homeowners policy will be as unique as they are, and you and your family are no exception. Our agents at both our Dayville and Norwich offices are ready to sit down with you and tailor a policy with the best coverage and insurance rates for your home. You can contact us during regular business hours, email us anytime or even chat with us online on our website.