We would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for visiting our website and to share with you the importance Byrnes Agency Insurance places upon protecting your private information. If you are a resident of the State of California, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
While you are visiting our website, we may or may not collect personal/confidential information–written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically and online—that may assist us in preparing a quotation for you and in helping us to negotiate with our carriers on your behalf. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, policy or claim information, financial or other information as may be required by our underwriters.
We also collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Applications or other forms such as claims forms or underwriting questionnaires that you submit to us and others;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and
- Third party information from public sources such as the internet or governmental agencies.
Disclosure of Information:
We assure you that is not our policy to share your private information with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, we may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- The information is essential in servicing or processing the insurance needs of our clients in a way that is customary and necessary among independent insurance agents in our industry. Our services and processes might include, for example, but are not limited to, underwriting, obtaining renewal terms, rating, placement and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- We may share information with third-parties, including insurance carriers and their representatives and other insurance producers in order to assist us and/or those third-parties to identifying insurance products and services in which you may have an interest.
- Information necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records.
- Information necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Information required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information required for us to comply with the law.
- Information necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability.
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice as required and/or permitted by law.
If we share your information with a third-party, that third-party may retain and/or disclose your information as permitted and/or required by law.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES:
If you would prefer that we not share your non-public personal information with third-parties for marketing purposes, you may opt out of our doing so by sending an email or a written request that we not do so to:
PO Box 739, Dayville, CT 06241
Your Access to Your Information:
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to access and request corrections, amendment or deletion of your recorded personal information that we have collected from or about you. To do so, please contact us at:
PO Box 739, Dayville, CT 06241
In order to protect your privacy, we may request that you provide proper identification in connection with such a request. Depending upon the circumstances, we may also charge a reasonable fee to cover costs incurred in providing a copy of recorded information to individuals.
If you request that we correct, amend or delete any recorded personal information we will either do so within 30 business days from the date of receipt of your written request or notify you of our refusal to do so. If we notify you of our refusal to do so, we will provide you with our reasons for that refusal and you will be provided a right to file a concise statement with us specifying what you believe to be the correct, relevant or fair information and the reasons why you disagree with our refusal to correct, amend or delete the recorded personal information.
Protection of Information:
Our Agency maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.